Support our appeal to keep Bold Vision’s Hill Station safe
Hey, we all love the Hill Station and it’s such a shame it got burgled last week. We are hoping to recover some of the replacement costs of the lost items from our insurance policy and have upgraded the locks. So we are appealing to all our supporters for help
In order to keep the show on the road we are running an appeal to install a professional CCTV system. They cost £1200 so we are appealing for your support to keep us all safe. We have already had £950 in donations so we are a good way there. Thank you all so much!
Can you help with the last £250 to close this appeal?
Just click on the donation button to give to this appeal.
The Bold Vision and Hill Station teams
Discover a little bit of India at the Hill Station on Saturday 15 June!
Bold Vision – the group that brought you the Hill Station – is holding a special fundraising evening, with specially prepared food, music, and culture from some (more) of our talented local residents. We’ll also be sharing news of other exciting initiatives Bold Vision is sponsoring in the Telegraph Hill area.
Starting at 7 pm, Raaheel Husain will perform Indian classical music. Raaheel plays the sitar and regularly performs at venues across the country. He will be accompanied by Saleel on the Tabla. The cost of this special fundraiser is just £15 and includes food (Biryani).
Tickets are available here:
Bold Vision, a community development charity in SE14, is looking for a new operator to take over running the vibrant Hill Station Community Cafe on Telegraph Hill. This is an exciting opportunity to build on the existing success of the venture, and to develop a catering business that serves the needs of the community and fulfills Bold Vision’s social mission. The contract will be for a 3 year period and will start in August 2013. A full tender and specification document is available on the Bold Vision website (www.boldvision.org.uk) or from email@example.com.
The closing date for proposals is 3 May 2013. Proposals should contain a full description of experience, the proposed service offering, a financial proposal and statement of how Bold Vision’s values would be enhanced.
We have been consulting online (here – still open) and on the walls (in the Hill Station, now closed) to see what you think about where Bold Vision should go from here.
We have collated that info in two ways – see below.
1. Wordcloud of cafe reviews
2. Summary of comments and suggestions
Wordcloud (the bigger the word the more often it was said)
Summary of Comments and Suggestions
Bold Vision in the Future
- Cookery club, cookery demos eg sushi (offered)
- Storytelling – for children and adults
- Regular dance eg jive
- Set up a community volunteer forum for elderly and disabled
- Revamp website to be more like Brockley Central or East Dulwich forum (any volunteers?).
- Show Indian summer films
- Book swapping space
- Do something about….
- …. climate change. Carbon neutral?
- … One o clock club
- … Refugees
- Hill station likes
- Love the hill station x 3, Cafe is great, Love the children’s menu, If I didn’t come here I might starve. You’re doing a great job, Great service. Sweet, efficient, smiling, kind (why do you always look so sad?), Thankyou! Fantastic local resource, Love the piano
- Food is great x4: Hot chocolate x 2, Biscuits x 2, Brownies x 3, Milkshakes x 5, Great breakfasts x 3, Nice orange juice x 2, Interesting vegetarian options, I like the fact the menu changes, Nice cakes
- Suggestions for improvement
- Building: Make it bigger, Automatic door closure, Make people close the door, There should be a cat, Tidy the tables, Wipe the tables, dirty tables are offputting. Change the music from time to time
- Opening hours: Longer opening 10am – 6pm, Serve food for longer, Serve dinner
- Prices: Meal deals, Lower prices, More affordable to encourage more diverse use
- Food options: Better coffee machine and coffee (Monmouth) x 2, Better milkshakes, Better made tea, Better menu, All day breakfasts at weekend x 2, Scones with cream and jam, Pancakes, Bring back sourdough toast, Children’s breakfast please