As a registered charity, and in the interests of transparency and fairness, Bold Vision management team and supporters please note the following agreed procedures relating to potential conflict of interest.
- Any committee member / trustee with a personal interest in an agenda item should declare it and offer to withdraw. Such an interest can affect themselves, their businesses, their families or business partners.
- The chair should determine whether the member/trustee should withdraw for discussion of that item, based on the materiality of the personal interest. This should be minuted.
- Any agreement with a committee member/trustee (or their partners etc) to undertake work or provide services on paid basis should be subject to a written agreement setting out the task and payment terms.
- The committee member/trustee should take no part in the decision, nor in monitoring the agreement
- Bold Vision should only use a committee member/trustee to provide services where there is a clear advantage in doing so. The reasons should be minuted. They could relate to financial advantage, skills, knowledge of the charity, quality of work. BV must be able to justify publicly why it has taken this decision and why it is in the interests of the charity to do so