Minutes 03.05.2011

  1. Magic show. May 6 TEN, staff, publicity, performance etc all organised. A fabulous show promised.  Need more people to buy tickets.
    Actions
    Catherine s to send another email.
    Max offered to hand out flyers at Edmund Waller.
    Poster to go up in cafe.
    Max to collect float from Catherine.
    Sanjit, Stephen and Susan to help set up chairs from 2pm.
  2. Revue show. Jun 4 Lots of great acts lined up. Music, comedy, dance, performance poetry etc. Narthex to be dressed more glamourously. Bar in the Hill Station.
    Actions
    Catherine S to remind RSA about evaluations.
    Then publicity, bar staff, TEN etc to organise.
  3. Big lunch. Jun 5 Max has applied to close the road. Agreed to have craft Market and children”s craft market. Max will arrange musicians. BBQ.
    Actions
    Patricio to do a banner.
    Catherine E will contact St  Thomas the Apostle steel band.
    Stephen to contact ark in the park people.
    Max to investigate re sound system.
    Sanjit to ask the Middle Class Sound System. Will need help setting up from 10am.
  4. Building works. From May 14th. Some volunteers have come forward. More needed.
    Actions
    Stephen to do a volunteer flyer “all hands on deck”.
    John to coordinate. Weekdays as well.
    Patricio will organise replacement of Fabric to coordinate with this. Ian has some plywood they can use
  5. Fundraising. £10k from Lewisham is secured. Events will make money. Maybe Bold Backers would be prepared to add their investment if offered at Big Lunch?
    Actions
    Catherine to investigate Dragon fund.
    Some discussion of PR eg Patricio has connections with the community channel. Sanjit has connections with the Telegraph.
  6. Finances, business plan etc. Stephen started the School for Social Entrepreneurs course as recommended by Lewisham (they wanted somebody from Bold Vision to participate). He proposes that a subgroup works on our business plan. Need to address AGM, election of trustees, charity and/or company? Auditing? governance structure etc.
    Volunteers: Clare, Stephen, Sanjit, Patricio, Catherine S, Catherine E (obs).
  7. Evening use / bookings. Ian to produce guidelines re furniture, cleaning etc. If there is a charge to the public eg weaning nutrition courses, then there should be a 20% donation to Bold Vision. Needs to work for Ian and his team as well as being open for community use. And when things go wrong the cause and effect needs to be addressed so that we improve as we go. Especially security and cleanliness. Checklist for evening users that they mark and sign off.
    ActionsIan will draft and Sanjit will help proceduralise.
  8. Evening opening. Will start once deck is done. Some food eg tapas, and bring your own wine.
  9. Macmillan House garden project formally adopted. Stephen and Claire to sort out MoU
  10. Ward Assembly tour on Sat July 2. Agreed to participate. Between 11-3pm. We will bdecide what we do exactly at next meeting.
  11. Transition Town food group. Catherine S to liaise
  12. Goldsmiths Council. Sanjit to respond to councillor Joan Millbank’s request for us to be involved
  13. Living wall. Cover pebbledash? We need a grounded proposal to PCC / Sheridan. Patricio reminded us that original inspiration came from a Haberdashers student at original workshops (pre birth of bold vision). Patricio has produced a test – a ceramic piece that will be attached to the wall but not touching it all over. Patricio will discuss HSE with John K. First draft to next meeting. One year timeframe.
  14. New vicar. Decision to invite Sheridan to the next BV meeting.
  15. Two Stories Told Live. JK knows people who do it and Sanjit is writing a piece on it. Maybe one for us?
  16. Next meeting Tues 7th June

This draft prepared by Catheirne Shovlin, pending management team agreement

Website Pin Facebook Twitter Myspace Friendfeed Technorati del.icio.us Digg Google StumbleUpon Premium Responsive

Author: catherine

Part of the initial group that started thinking about our community space

1 thought on “Minutes 03.05.2011”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

50 − 46 =