Be part of our world...join here
At our next AGM (Sep 30th 2015 at 127 Pepys Rd) is open to all Bold Vision members. You are eligible to become a member for any (or several) of the following reasons:
- being a Bold Backer
- giving sweat equity (working on our build)
- working or performing at a Bold Vision event (show, panto, football tournament, tennis…)
- volunteering at a Bold Vision project (eg library, Common Growth, McMillan garden)
- joining the management team
- offering to set up a regular gift of £4 per month
Please let us know if you are coming along so we know how many people to expect
Click on the file name for our management team meeting minutes BV Minutes 111206
Posters on trees is a great way to get the word around. And if we manage this well then we will probably be allowed to carry on (the Council are cautious because they don’t – and not do we – want the trees covered in commercial advertising). To see how best to spread 50 posters to get good coverage, this map might be useful SCAN0151_000
So help us all keep the possibility by following these guidelines
- A4 or smaller on trees (A3 is fine in front windows or on trees or placards inside people’s front gardens)
- Just paper – please don’t laminate them – in essence the tree posters are to be transient notices of imminent events. Something laminated is just too permanent and encourages others to to likewise.
- Also the plastic plackets imply a degree of permanence and do get to look very tacky. It’s acknowledged that inkject printers run but they are getting less common and if need be people can approach a friend with a laser printer or photocopy at the Centre.
- No posters in the parks even for park events. There is a noticeboard in the lower park and (as an exception to the laminate “rule”) a laminated A4 notice can be put on each gate for park matters.
- No more than 50 or so over the whole area. A map is attached showing that this does provide adequate coverage.
- Finally, and most importantly, everyone to remove posters once they are no longer useful. With events this is easy. When people are advertising new services it’s trickier to judge, but once a poster has been up for a fortnight most people who would be interested would have seen it. So if you are doing this sort of advertising – put small box on the poster with the date when you have put it up and the date by which you will remove it. If left in place after then, fair game for others to remove them, along with any other out of date event poster.
Please fill in this form Gift Aid declaration and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand to a Bold Vision director or post to 39 Wickham Rd, London SE4 1LT.
Thank you for your generosity – we couldn’t do it without you!
Please note the following Bold Vision policies
- Membership form online
- Equal Opportunities Policy Equal opps
- Volunteers Policy Volunteers
- Health, Safety and Environment Policy HSE
- Complaints Policy Complaints
- Safeguarding – we use the Southwark Diocese Safeguarding Policy. More
- Arts Policy Arts Policy – Bold Vision
- Evening Use booking form
- Evening Use Policy Bold Vision – Evening Use Policy for the public. (draft)2