It will be a fun event with lots of activities to join in with. Most importantly you can help harvesting sunflower seeds direct from the flowers, to provide a legacy for the project! Take some seeds home with you for planting next year to keep New Cross bright, beautiful and bee-friendly for years to come.
What’s happening on the day:
- Facepainting – mark yourself with a bee or a sunflower to support the cause. Both kids and adults are welcome to be painted!
- Bee workshops – find out about bee-friendly planting, keeping bees, take a look at a demo hive and taste some honey!
- Sunflower Photo booth – get a sunflower project souvenir, have your photo taken with fun props & your favourite sunflower!
- Seed harvesting – take seeds away with you to plant at home or at another community garden or project
- Share sunflower seed recipes – email us your favourite recipe with sunflower seeds and we’ll collate it into a handout to share at the event
- Planting next years flowers – help us prepare and plant sunflowers and meadow seeds to bloom next spring on the site by Sainsbury’s
- The event will be held at the Sainsbury’s sunflower site (by the corner of the carpark and petrol station, next to New Cross Gate Station). Drop in anytime between 1 and 4pm.