Last month we invited all our Bold Backers to join us for a celebratory supper and a chance to hear all their feedback about what we have been doing so far at Bold Vision plus their ideas for where we should focus our attention next.
Among the many ideas (summarised here Bold Backers 2014 Report on your feedback) we realise a few things need clarifying to everybody
- Bold Vision is an umbrella charity supporting the Hill Station, New Cross Learning, Common Growth and other local community projects like Grow Wild from time to time
- Almost all community activities are run on a voluntary basis, the projects and Bold Vision are constantly seeking funding to maintain activities
- We welcome new members onto the Bold Vision management team – contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or get involved
- If you have a fundraising idea or know someone who might be interested in being a Bold Backer please also get in touch
We have been consulting online (here – still open) and on the walls (in the Hill Station, now closed) to see what you think about where Bold Vision should go from here.
We have collated that info in two ways – see below.
1. Wordcloud of cafe reviews
2. Summary of comments and suggestions
Wordcloud (the bigger the word the more often it was said)
Summary of Comments and Suggestions
Bold Vision in the Future
- Cookery club, cookery demos eg sushi (offered)
- Storytelling – for children and adults
- Regular dance eg jive
- Set up a community volunteer forum for elderly and disabled
- Revamp website to be more like Brockley Central or East Dulwich forum (any volunteers?).
- Show Indian summer films
- Book swapping space
- Do something about….
- …. climate change. Carbon neutral?
- … One o clock club
- … Refugees
- Hill station likes
- Love the hill station x 3, Cafe is great, Love the children’s menu, If I didn’t come here I might starve. You’re doing a great job, Great service. Sweet, efficient, smiling, kind (why do you always look so sad?), Thankyou! Fantastic local resource, Love the piano
- Food is great x4: Hot chocolate x 2, Biscuits x 2, Brownies x 3, Milkshakes x 5, Great breakfasts x 3, Nice orange juice x 2, Interesting vegetarian options, I like the fact the menu changes, Nice cakes
- Suggestions for improvement
- Building: Make it bigger, Automatic door closure, Make people close the door, There should be a cat, Tidy the tables, Wipe the tables, dirty tables are offputting. Change the music from time to time
- Opening hours: Longer opening 10am – 6pm, Serve food for longer, Serve dinner
- Prices: Meal deals, Lower prices, More affordable to encourage more diverse use
- Food options: Better coffee machine and coffee (Monmouth) x 2, Better milkshakes, Better made tea, Better menu, All day breakfasts at weekend x 2, Scones with cream and jam, Pancakes, Bring back sourdough toast, Children’s breakfast please
Now we have finished building the Hill Station and New Cross Learning, Common Growth, MacMillan House, the Mixer and Grow Wild are in full swing, it’s a good time for us to consider where we go from here. And we’d love to have your input.
Just click here to share your feedback and ideas and we’ll publish the results here early in the New Year.
We will make paper copies available in the usual places, or you can write your ideas straight on the wall at the Hill Station.