Just a reminder that this is happening in the Hill Station on Friday evening. Bar from 7.30pm, starts at 8. Not really suitable for children. Entry £6 (£4 concessions). Full details of the musical treats in store here Jazz Club at Bold Vision Hill Station 22.07.11. Ian has prepared some delicious food that will be on sale.
Thereafter, evening opening will be on an events basis. Currently fixed are Aug 20 and Sep 2. If you are up for helping to run an open evening – anything from an indoor picnic where we all bring our own food and drink to a showcase of your own cooking, musical talents, poetry, performance, bingo calling, scrabble playing…. just email us and we’ll try to help you make it happen. It’s our space to enjoy as a community.
Here’s a brief update of some of what’s been going on recently with Common Growth.
- We are opening the site on Tuesday evenings (usually from around 5pm until 8pm) and Sunday afternoons (from around 2pm to 5pm). Please pop down and have a chat and see how we’re getting on, and of course to help out if you want!
- We saw some new and some familiar faces at the open day on July 2 (which formed part of the come and LOOK event going on in the borough). Please click here for some photos of the event, as well as some other photos showing how the site is progressing.
- Getting soil (certified as uncontaminated) has proved a bit of a headache, but thanks to some generous funding from Lewisham council we hope to take delivery of enough soil to fill several large raised beds in the next week or two.
- We have lots of tomatoes, pumpkins and other vegetables that are rapidly out-growing their pots and can hopefully be moved into the raised beds once the soil arrives! The first broad beans have ripened and the runner beans aren’t far behind!
- We’ve set up a small pond and planted many wild flowers around the edge of the site. The sunflowers are bursting into bloom all over the place
- As the soil turns up and the raised beds go into place there will be plenty to do on site and lots more growing opportunities as well! We look forward to seeing you on the site soon.
- Just show up when it’s open (see above) or contact us for more info on how you can help
12-16 year olds Club Nite in the Telegraph Hill Centre invited to:
Advance tickets only. Call or text: JACQUI on 07540 687267 or MARY on 07887 513563
And while they’re having fun up there, meet your own friends in the Hill Station open specially for the evening.