A host of performances, gigs, workshops, spoken word and children’s activities are lined up
for this year’s Brockley Max.
Brockley Max taps into the creative expression of resident artists just down the road from the Hill Station. Be they painters, musicians, performers or poets with something a little bit quirky, or just plain old traditional, all come together under this year’s theme of MAX IT UP – JOIN THE FUN! The festival comprises a wide range of events and activities with something to appeal to all residents of all ages.
The festival runs in Brockley, Ladywell, Crofton Park and Honor Oak Park.
A few highlights from the programme
- 27 May with ‘The Max Opening Night’ featuring an eclectic line-up of musical acts performing at Brockley station.
- Gospel vocal collective and classical music at St. Hilda’s.
- CueB and Tank Galleries host exhibitions of installation pieces and photographic work.
- Laughs are guaranteed as Peter Searles brings his storytelling and comic timing to the stage at The Orchard.
- Enjoy the big screen experience as Brockley Wood Nights returns with an evening of film shorts at Lewisham Arthouse.
- 4 June: workshops and activities for children as part of ‘Art in the Park’ on Hilly Fields. Arts and Crafts market on Hilly Fields. Festival close out with a series of gigs across various local venues.
For more info see the festival website The festival is a community event, run by local residents on a non-profit basis. Most of the events are FREE.