Topics suggested so far for Thursday 19 May Conversation Kitchen (7-9pm in the Hill Station) are
- Time credit project in New Cross / Telegraph Hill (see here for more detail)
- Conservation and progress in Telegraph Hill
- twinning with Telegraph Hill in San Francisco
- your home’s microclimate (some of the Goldsmiths Design Research team hope to join re their Legible Landscapes project)
- your topic. Which is….??
Please bring some food or drink to share
Following our recent Conversation Soup event, the group felt it was a good idea to pursue the idea of regular neighbourly conversations. These will take place on the 3rd Thursday of each month 7-9pm in the Hill Station cafe.
What is the Conversation Kitchen?
The aim is to create an informal space for us to meet our neighbours and discuss a variety of topics. You are invited to propose topics in advance (via the website) and we also encourage ad-hoc conversation during the evening. We envisage several different conversations taking place at different tables. Participants free to join one / move around / start their own.
Who will be at the Conversation Kitchen?
This will work best if a wide variety of people are involved. Not everyone has the confidence to go to an event on their own, so if you’re planning to come along, maybe there’s somebody you could pick up on the way? An elderly neighbour? A young person (minimum age 18)? Somebody who has just moved into the area. Take the plunge and make the first move, you could be doing them a big favour.
What will happen?
- Timing: the event will run from 7pm to 9pm. Don’t worry if you can’t make the whole time, just come along when you can.
- Food and drink: please bring what you can to share. Together we should have plenty of food to go round.
- Topics. This is a co-creation event. We are not in charge, we are just convening. So do please comment below on what topics you would like to discuss.
- Questions. If you have any questions or suggestions at all about the event, do please contact Bill on email@example.com or Catherine on firstname.lastname@example.org