- At least 18?
- Have 2+ years experience working with young people + arts?
- Interested in getting a new qualification for free?
- Working on a project linked to Bold Vision?
- Available Sun Apr 22?
The next Mixer Live Word event is at the Hill Station on Friday (30th March). Lucy McGeown will be showing her film with a live improvised score by Archie and Ferry of Sound of Rum fame. The last event was excellent, a few people spoke (and sang) their words out loud for the first time and agreed that the friendly, welcoming group really put them at ease. So if you have something that you want to say or sing out loud, come along on Friday. Film at 6.30pm, Words from 7.30
On Saturday Mar 17th, Gill Hart, Kath Dunbar, Rebecca Charikar and myself set off for our try at the “Dragon’s Den” of The Funding Network. This organisation was set up ten years ago to give individuals with the means and the will to donate to charity a more meaningful way to do so. We presented our story along with four other great charities and then waited with fingers crossed while the 30 or so members and visitors made their pledges.
We were delighted to go a little over our (hopeful) target and raised £5,426. As per our application this will be used for 3 things
- finishing the participatory artwork to breathe new life into the front of the former library (still time to participate… just fill in a couple of details here to have your book feature)
- finding out what learning opportunities are of most interest to the library users – and provide them
- develop sustainable tools to help us manage our volunteers and other resources and connect to other organisations