In September we organised a meeting with people from Bold Vision, Telegraph Hill Centre, Telegraph Hill Festival, PCC
and the Hill Station to explore what (if any) should be the ongoing role for Bold Vision.
Attached are some of the key points that came up during that meeting. Envisioning meeting 1309
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this or any other suggestions you have. Please add a comment here or email email@example.com
After some sterling work over the last few years, our able Treasurer Stuart Bell is stepping down.
So Bold Vision requires a new voluntary bookkeeper/Treasurer to maintain day-to-day accounts and manage the overall financial affairs of the charity. The tasks take around 1-2 hours per week plus regular monthly committee meetings.
The key tasks are:
– deposit money and pay bills,
– monitor all cash and bank transactions including donations
– reclaim Gift Aid
– maintain financial records as required by charity and company regulations
– prepare monthly management accounts and cashflow projections for management committee
– prepare annual cashbooks and liaise with Bold Vision’s external accountant in relation to the annual accounts
– ensure appropriate financial controls are maintained and recommend new policies where necessary.
Skills/experience required are:
– experience of bookkeeping for small organisations or charities
– knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting framework for charities
– good computer/spreadsheet skills or ability to use basic bookkeeping software
– ability to work collaboratively with diverse members of the community
– willingness and ability to attend regular meetings in SE14
– commitment to community development
If you think you might be able to help, or know someone who could, please get in touch with us
Support our appeal to keep Bold Vision’s Hill Station safe
Hey, we all love the Hill Station and it’s such a shame it got burgled last week. We are hoping to recover some of the replacement costs of the lost items from our insurance policy and have upgraded the locks. So we are appealing to all our supporters for help
In order to keep the show on the road we are running an appeal to install a professional CCTV system. They cost £1200 so we are appealing for your support to keep us all safe. We have already had £950 in donations so we are a good way there. Thank you all so much!
Can you help with the last £250 to close this appeal?
Just click on the donation button to give to this appeal.
The Bold Vision and Hill Station teams
Discover a little bit of India at the Hill Station on Saturday 15 June!
Bold Vision – the group that brought you the Hill Station – is holding a special fundraising evening, with specially prepared food, music, and culture from some (more) of our talented local residents. We’ll also be sharing news of other exciting initiatives Bold Vision is sponsoring in the Telegraph Hill area.
Starting at 7 pm, Raaheel Husain will perform Indian classical music. Raaheel plays the sitar and regularly performs at venues across the country. He will be accompanied by Saleel on the Tabla. The cost of this special fundraiser is just £15 and includes food (Biryani).
Tickets are available here:
Bold Vision, a community development charity in SE14, is looking for a new operator to take over running the vibrant Hill Station Community Cafe on Telegraph Hill. This is an exciting opportunity to build on the existing success of the venture, and to develop a catering business that serves the needs of the community and fulfills Bold Vision’s social mission. The contract will be for a 3 year period and will start in August 2013. A full tender and specification document is available on the Bold Vision website (www.boldvision.org.uk) or from firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for proposals is 3 May 2013. Proposals should contain a full description of experience, the proposed service offering, a financial proposal and statement of how Bold Vision’s values would be enhanced.
Hill Station tender 2013 Document (Download Link)