WHERE and WHEN: Thursday Nov 15th, 6-8.30pm at New Cross Learning (next to Iceland near New Cross Gate station)
As the research stage of this 5 year project concludes, we can now embark on action. Come and meet with fellow community organisations and listen to the fundraising and research specialists from the RSA and other national organisations to see how they can help us achieve the aims we have for our community. All welcome.
Informal networking afterwards in the New Cross House pub across the road.
Hashtag for twitter is #rsaconnected.
See poster for more info: Community fundraising discussion at New Cross Learning
18:00 – 18:10 People arrive, settle, name badges etc..
18:10 – 18:30 Connected Communities
– Recap how the project came about
– Results across the 7 areas that we are currently working in – provides context and illustrates how different networks can be
– Very top-line results for New Cross Gate/ wider area.
18:30 – 19:00 Current groups/potential new ideas (5 mins slots)
– Talk to me South London
– Presentation from a very successful national intergenerational project with potential local application (TBC)
– Bruno Taylor on setting up FLIP projects (this is a young person specific project, that utilises their online connections to facilitate CV building, but lessons learnt could be useful as could potential links between FLIP and NXG specific projects)
– Tansy Drake discusses the older person ‘Nana’ project she is working on in Hackney
– Local older person’s project (TBC)
– Introductions from those there with a fundraiser/evaluators perspective.
19:00- 19:10 Open it out to other attendees to talk about what they’re doing
19:10 – 19:40 1 of 3 table options
- Intergenerational ideas/live funding opps (facilitated by Tansy Drake, with older person project leaders and evaluation expert from funders the Nominet Trust)
- General well being ideas/live funding opps (facilitated by Ben Dellot (enterprise/young people angle, with Bruno Taylor and (TBC) an additional fundraising expert)
- Mapping table (facilitated by Gaia Marcus with support from Catherine Shovlin and/or other NXL representative)
19.40 – 20:10 As above, attendees will have the opportunity to switch to another table.
20:10 – 20:30 feedback, wrap up and next steps
20:30 to the pub!